Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Cleveland, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve had some rough times over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re rich, you may not want to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Cleveland Ohio house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Cleveland… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost, no obligation, offer on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market, it will give you a starting point to begin the decision making process.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. Many people including professionals who moved out of state for a job had their house on the market for some time before selling it. For some people the property may sell for a lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this house. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent).Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. But, what if you were to sell your house quickly and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Cleveland Ohio agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to a reputable homebuyer.
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to pay a high price.
You can also market your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
Who Is Home Relief Providers And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Cleveland?
We’re homebuyers. We try to support our families while beautifying neighborhoods by buying houses from Cleveland homeowners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Cleveland community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Cleveland real estate, so please feel free to call us at (440) 291-5361 and chat with us anytime.